Coder Club Resources
Welcome to Python Adelaide Coder Club! Here's some things you might like to know:
Important to know
- There is a Code of Conduct that we expect everyone to follow.
- In an emergency, exit through any glass sliding door, and congregate in the courtyard by Wright St, next to the East of Norman café.
- Toilets and a baby change table are located in the hallway where you came in, near the stairs.
About the venue
- There is free WiFi in the Minor Works Building; the ESSID is AdelaideFree and there is no password.
- Please help yourself to the cans of soft drink in the fridge courtesy of our food and drink sponsor Cloudflare, or water from the hot-cold tap over the sink.
- At around 8pm, there will be free pizza courtesy of Cloudflare.
- If you haven't already, join our Slack workspace.
- At around 6–6:30pm (depending on when people arrive), we'll have a short "standup", where we go around the room and share what we're working on, to help find groups of people that can help each other out.
Resources for learning Python
If you're completely new to Python, and you're not sure where to start, here are some resources to try:
- How do I start learning Python? is an article that recommends different resources for learning Python from different backgrounds (new to programming, hobbyist, developer/SWE, scientist, software tester, kid).
- Codecademy's Learn Python course (free) introduces you to Python in an interactive, online environment, so you don't need to install anything on your machine.